- The members of Good Hope Baptist Church covenant with one another before God to humbly submit to the authority of God's Word in all matter of faith and practice (Ec. 12:13).
- We believe the purposes of the church are to worship God according to the teaching of His Word, to practice the New Testament precepts and examples of the Church, to sustain the ordinances, to teach and conform to Scriptural doctrines, and to preach and propagate the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe the ministry priorities of the church are discipleship, evangelism, fellowship, service, and worship.
- We affirm the current Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
Other Baptist Values
- Authority of Scripture, 2 Timothy 3:16
- Believer's Baptism, Matthew 28:19
- Congregational Autonomy (the ability of each Baptist church to interpret Scripture independently from any other church or convention)
- Priesthood of Believers, Hebrews 4:16
- Salvation by Christ Alone, Ephesians 2:8-9
How to Trust Christ as Your Lord and Savior
- You must repent of your sins. Acts 3:19 teaches "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out". Repentance is more than feeling sorry for our sin. True repentance is turning away from our sin and to God through Jesus.
- Make a heart decision to put your faith in Jesus. Ephesians 2:8 teaches "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—"
- You must profess Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Romans 10:9-10 teaches "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
- The following is a prayer provided as a guide to help you verbalize your desire. "Dear God, I know that Jesus is Your Son, and that He died on the cross and was raised from the dead. I know I have sinned and need forgiveness. I am willing to turn from my sin and receive Jesus as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus' name. Amen." Your prayer does not have to be exactly like this one but should convey same true heart-felt conviction and desire.
- If you sincerely prayed this prayer, you can be assured you are saved and have eternal life. You are now a "born again" believer and child of God. Welcome to the family of God.
- We believe a plurality of Elders is the biblical model of leadership in the New Testament church with the Teaching Elder (i.e. senior pastor) being one of the Elders.
- The role of Deacon is to serve in an assisting role to the Elders for the purpose of carrying out the ministry priorities of the church. One key responsibility of the Deacons’ ministry is the "care giving" (i.e. family ministry) of the church.
Baptist Faith and Message
Good Hope Constitution